Year of Call: 1996
Born in Karachi, Sam lived in Pakistan and then the United States before he moved to the United Kingdom in 1992. Educated at a prestigious private boarding school in Pakistan, Sam completed his primary and secondary education in Pakistan and went to the United States where he completed a first degree in Classical Civilisation. Sam went on to do a law degree at Oxford University and a Masters in Oriental Studies at Cambridge University. He then proceeded to a Master of Laws at the School of Oriental and African Studies and was also awarded a Master’s degree at Oxford University.
Sam practises predominantly in the area of Family Law, Asylum law, Immigration law and Human Rights. He is known for his empathic manner, fearless and persuasive advocacy and a congenial and reassuring manner which makes him repeatedly asked for both by lay and professional clients. Sam is known for his persistence in fighting the lay client’s corner and for his tirelessness in securing the best possible outcome for his clients.
Sam regular appears in complex and sensitive matters dealing with care proceedings, private law, emergency protection of children, children act applications, domestic violence, child abduction, family, as well as specialising in matters where there is an overlap between family law and asylum and immigration. Sam represents parents and children and has a strong interest in matters under the Forced Marriage Act.
If you require the quality assistance of Saamir Mahmud, a practising Barrister in the fields of Family Law (Barring Money), Immigration or Asylum, please feel to contact us.
You can instruct us through:
• a practising Solicitor,
• the Bar Council’s Licensed Access Scheme if you hold a valid licence
• Family (all aspects barring finances)
• Human Rights
• Immigration and Asylum
EXPERTS YOU CAN TRUST
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- Immigration and Asylum Law :
- Human Rights
- Judicial Review
- Public Law
- Family Law :
- Care Proceedings
- Child Abduction
- Children Act applications
- Emergency protection of children
- Domestic Violence
- Forced Marriage
- Private law
- The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- Member of the National Liberal Club (Muhammad Ali Jinnah the first Governor General of Pakistan, and a successful barrister, was both a member of the National Liberal Club, and a Member of Lincoln’s Inn)
- Chairman of the Bridge Circle, National Liberal Club
- Family Law Bar Association (FLBA)
- Member of the Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland
- Member of the prestigious Savage Club
- Life Member, The Pakistan Society (Founded in 1951 and Chaired by Sir William Blackburne QC)